Sunday 16 December 2007

The one limit you SHOULD pay attention to

I was just reading through my 'Meditations' by the Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius looking for some words of wisdom to share with you and to inspire you toward taking action toward your goals.

As I was reading through I read a lot of great messages, a lot of powerful and inspiring quotations that, at any other time, would create a ripple of emotion, a feeling in my gut that 'this is IT', this is the right message to share today... but today they just didn't feel 'right'.

It's not just that they didn't sound nice or the words were meaningless.

They were the very same words I've read a hundred times and recieved great insight and wisdom from, but today I 'just knew' that the words were the wrong ones...

Just as I was about to give up and look to somewhere else for the inspiration for todays message a passage caught my eye.

It said "Remember how long you've been putting this off, how many extensions the gods gave you, and you didn't use them.

At some point you have to recognise what world it is that you belong to; what power rules it and from what source you spring; that there is a limit to the time assigned you, and if you don't use it to free yourself it will be gone and never return"

Wow!

Really makes you think doesn't it?

How long have we, all of us, been putting things off?

How many chances and 'go arounds' have we had that we didn't take?

How many times has our true path been shown to us, only for us to turn away and say 'not yet' or 'I'm not ready' or 'there's still time'?

Imagine if from this day forward we took all of the opportunities that came up.

Imagine if, instead of 'not yet' we said 'Now!'

Imagine if, instead of 'I'm not ready' you said 'When can I start?'

Imagine if, instead of 'There's still time' you said 'There's no time like the present'

Imagine!

Do you think that the subtle changes in these three sentances would change your life very much?

Try it today, put it into practice with you POWER questions and see what difference it makes.

Start now! : )

Truth, joy and love

Dax
www.themagichundred.com

No comments: