Monday 25 February 2008

Dax's Creed Workshop

Well, it's been a little while since I last wrote as I've been away with my family on a wonderful vacation to beautiful Bali in Indonesia as part of my latest MAGIC Hundred quest.

We had a great time and whilst we were there I managed to do a fair bit of writing (including several new chapters of the MAGIC Hundred) - yes, I know it's taking me a while but I'm working on FOUR books right now : ) -

In one of the new sections I write about something that I did ages ago and that has been really important to me over the years and yet, somehow, I managed to omit from the original version of the book.

I call it a 'creed workshop'.

The word 'creed' as you probably know, comes from the latin word 'credo' meaning 'I believe' and can best be described as a statement of faith and belief.

I was first introduced to the concept of Creed development as a young soldier when I joined the airborne forces. They had a very strong sense of identity, pride, honour and code of conduct for the standards they set for themselves and demanded that all who join 'the brotherhood' knew, understood and embraced it too.

Over the years I created a creed of my own, full of the standards I was committed to living my life to. It has helped me steer a clear and (relatively) straight path through most of my life as well as helped pull me back on track whenever I've gotten 'lost'.

I've written up my most recent amendment to my original creed below as an example, but strongly suggest that you go through your own creed workshop and commit to carrying your written copy with you and reading it as many times a day as you read your goals.

I think you'll be stunned by the clarity, focus and purpose it gives you.

Dax's Creed

I will honor my word like the fate of
humanity rested on it and vow to
be truthful to myself and others
at all times... even when it's
difficult or unprofitable to do so.

I will live my life as one as full of joy
and happiness as I'm capable of
creating and experiencing in every day,
hour and minute.

I will dedicate myself to becoming a
being of positivity,love and creation
rather thanone of negativity, fear and
destruction.

I will commit to suspending disbelief,
even when I find the act of believing
impossible.

I will help others by developing and
using as much personal power as
possible for myself and using it in
ways to help others find and develop
their own.

I will demand excellence from myself
in all things and at all times and forgive
myself my own fallibility when I find
performing at a less-than-excellent
level.

I will help others to demand and
achieve excellence for themselves
too and extend them the same
compassion when they fall short.

I will not fear failure but instead commit
to advancing in the direction of my dreams
in the full knowledge that, by definition, each
failure MUST hold the equivalent seeds of
success also.

I will get up every time I fall, safe in the
knowledge that it is not falling that makes
me a failure... but staying down.

I will get everything that I De -Serve as a
result of the service I give to others. Knowing
this, I will devote each day to delivering as
much service as I can.

I will dare something worthy each day that I live
so that my life will be 'worth something' to each
person that I come into contact with.

I will remind myself as often as I can that
I AM POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE!


Truth, Joy and Love

Dax
www.themagichundred.com

P.S - I'd love to hear from you about the effects of your creed workshop (and even your own personal creed if you'd like to share) so pop on over to

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Hey Dax, I found your awesome video on your personal creed on YouTube. I've posted it on my blog Joyful Days and linked it back to this page.

Great work!

Daphne