Monday 28 April 2008

Do You REALLY Deserve Success?

Whenever I start coaching a new client I always ask that question.

And the answer is pretty much always "Of course! EVERYONE deserves success!"

Interesting.

Even more interesting is when I ask 'Do you know what 'deserve' actually means?'

It's at this point that people start to 'um' and 'aah' and guess at the meaning of the word.

It's clear that most people have no idea about what 'deserve' actually means and so, that being the case, I can't help but wonder how they KNOW that they deserve success. After all, if you don't know the definition of a word, how can you know if it applies to you?

Let me put you out of your misery.

DESERVE comes from the latin word roots 'De' meaning 'of' or 'from' and 'servir' meaning 'service'.

So DESERVE literally means 'from service'.

That changes things a bit doesn't it?

It takes deserving from being a subjective feeling about what you should be getting to an objective assessment about what you're giving.

Not getting what you want from from your business at the moment? Give more service and it'll come.

Not getting what you want from your relationships? Give more service there too.

Not getting enough from life in general?... you know what to do!

Looking at what you're getting from life from the perspective of the service you're giving to others changes everything.

EVERYTHING!

If you don't feel like you're getting what you deserve then you're simply not giving enough service to others.

No if's, no but's.

This is an immutable law of success.

Want more?

Give more.

Period!

Don't think "What's the least I can do here to get a result?" Think, "What's the BEST I can give?"

Better attention to detail in your work?

Better telephone manner?

Better 'quality time' with those you care about?

Better commitment to making a positive imapct and leaving your mark on the world?

Better commitment to making more of each day you're given?

Yes please!

Give better service and then, when you think you can't give any more, find another way to 'squeeze more in'.

To your deserved success!

Dax Moy
Join The MAGIC Hundred Community TODAY at
www.themagichundred.ning.com... It's Free!

P.S - What one thing could you do RIGHT NOW to increase the service you're giving to even one individual? Identify it and do it and by definition you'll deserve more than you currently have... and you'll start to attract it to you too!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dax,

This in indeed a very interesting article. It gives a different perspective on things.

I make a parallel with the concept of 'giving it forward', a concept often used in networking. You help people and naturally, people will want to give back and help you in return.

It seems that that "deserve" would mean to help or be more serviable and the universe, somehow, will pay you back.

Thanks for this.

Al

PS: I'm a huge fan

Emo Cat said...

Another great blog, Dax.

Thanks for keeping us informed about health in such an interesting way.

Best of success to you!

You deserve it.

e.c.

Αγγελικούλα said...

Hi Dax,

One of my greatest problems with my mother since childhood, was that she could not show her love to me.

Several years ago, I decided that I would make the first move, ignoring the fact that she was not as demonstrative as I would like her to be. It didn't take her too long to respond and that has been a huge eye opener to me.

I therefore understand completely what you're talking about and I totally agree.

Keep up the good work! You are an inspiration to me!

Lina